Out on the Town

 Hello again! It's Noura, your favorite media blogger! I have very good news on the progress of my short film. Me and my group mates have just about finished the movie! We were able to film several more scenes for the film. This took us many different takes and shots. What can I say, we wanted to get them just right! I have been directing the film since we started filming. So, most of the filming choices were my responsibility. This was a lot of pressure, but it was not bad once I got the hang of it.

So, my group and I were able to complete multiple other scenes. First, we went over the storyboard. We did this so that we were sure of the order that scenes have to be shot in. Occasionally, we would mess up the order, but we knew we could fix it once the editing process began. The first scene that we had not yet filmed was the beach scene. In our movie, the main characters (played by Hunter and Kaz) go to the beach in search of a party. So, once we were done filming the indoor scenes, we headed to Hollywood Beach! I filmed my groupmates when we arrived and were walking down the boardwalk. In our film, this will be shown as a tracking shot of the boys walking "to the beach". 

In order to create the look of a beach party, my groupmates and I had a great idea! Because it is almost spring break in Florida (where we live), the beaches are very packed and busy at this time. So my group and I decided to go around the beach and ask people to be in our film and make it seem like we were all at one big party! Everyone who we asked, agreed to be in our film! Once, we were done with our filming, we had one great beach party scene. I can't wait to get to editing!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Our Storyboard

OVERDON'T: Our Short Film