The End of an Era

 Hello again! Welcome back to the very last blog I will make pertaining to the production process for this short film. It has been quite the journey! I'm glad you have been with me along this ride. Today, I will be discussing the process of choosing the audio, music, and scoring for the film. 

Selecting the score for any film is an integral process. Without a good score, the feel of the movie could be all wrong! This could cause the audience to not receive the full or correct message that the director is trying to get across. So, knowing how important music is to a film, I took this process very seriously. 

First, I added specific sound FX to certain scenes. For example, there is a scene when the protagonists are searching for a hidden object. Once they find the object, I added a sound effect of an angelic choir singing. This added a comedic effect. It also makes the film more dramatic, which is even funnier. This all ties in to the genre of comedy that me and my group tried to achieve. 

I also added scoring and music to the short film. I was editing on an app called CapCut. CapCut has a partnership with the social media app, Tiktok. So, in order to find a song to play over the intro of the film, I found a sound clip on Tiktok. On tiktok, songs are always trending. The most recent one that I thought really connected with the feel and tone of this short film, was featured in the hit movie called, "Saltburn". It is a house music hit called "Perfect" by Exceeder and it perfectly fit the beginning and ending of the film. I made sure there was no copyright attached when I uploaded the finished film onto our Youtube. We also created a website and social media (including an Instagram and a Youtube channel) to promote the film and check that the music would not be copyrighted. This completed the editing AND music process!! 

It was a wild ride, but a fun and fulfilling one as well!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Our Storyboard

OVERDON'T: Our Short Film